Published on September 20th, 2013 | by PhilB0
Pemberton Valley Surf – First Fundraising Event
Time has come for the Pemberton Valley Surf to get their ambitious project off the ground with their first fundraiser on Saturday, Sept. 21 in Pemberton, with food, drinks, live music and a silent auction at Big Sky Golf and Country Club from 7 p.m. until midnight. A second fundraiser is being planned for November in Whistler at a time and date to be announced.
Programme, Tickets and Venue
Now this list is subject to change hopefully meaning it’s just going to keep growing until the event:
- Surfers Survival kit (Pull out Sofa bed, 1 Blanket, 1 Pillow, 1 6pack of beer) – Donated by Dave Craig and www.whistlerfurniture.ca
- 1 Day Snowmobile Rental – Donated By Broken Boundary Adventures www.brokenboundary.com
- 1 day snowmobile clinic (Snowmobile not provided ^see above if you don’t have one) with Julie-Ann Chapman and She Shreds Mountain Adventures www.sheshreds.ca
- 30Minute RMT Massage – Donated By Kula Wellness Centre http://kulawellnesscentre.com/
- $100 in Vouchers for El Furniture Warehouse – Donated by El Furniture Warehouse! http://warehousewhis.ca/
- Photo Print – Donated by Brian Hockenstein
- Bed and Breakfast One night Stay for two -Donated by Robbie Lowe and Farmscapes BnB
- Get Bud Hat, Toque, Tshirt and One Hitter – Donated by GET BUD www.getbud.net
- Snowboard Tutorial DVD’s – Donated by www.SnowboardAddiction.com
Live: Slush, Deadseconds
Tickets will be $10 bucks, Raffle tickets $2 Each or 3 for $5
Saturday night at 7pm in Pemberton, BC at Big Sky Golf Club.
How to Get There
There will be a FREE SHUTTLE to Pemberton from Whistler (and back) sponsored by The Adventure Group Whistler – here’s how it works:
There are 2 departure times – 6.30pm and 7.30pm – from the transit loop near the base of Excalibur. Plus, 2 return times – 11:15pm and 12:15pm from Big Sky in Pemberton. To book spaces you must call Dan (Transport Coordinator) on 604 902 0118 or email email@example.com with your name and phone number – he will call you to confirm details.
About the Wave Project
Pemberton Valley Surf Association is a non profit surf club with the aim to build a standing wave park at the existing Rutherford Kayak Park. Their main goal is to complete as much of this project as they can on volunteer work, and build a cheap place for members to go and surf in the mountain/landlocked area. The photo below shows the current state – this would be the site of the first wave.
A Strong Group of People Kick-starting the Wave Project
It’s great to know that people are volunteering their time for this project. The Pemberton guys have already selected a board of directors to help get this all off the ground:
Tyler Kraushar – President
Gordon Bradley- Vice President
Kevin Welsh – Treasurer
Stephanie Picard – Secretary
Adam Leggit – Director of Fundraising and Marketing (aka the Director of STOKE)
Paul Carus – Director of Safety
The photo below is a shot of the crew after the meeting where they plot and scheme to make this thing happen.
Raising Money for the Wave Project
Besides this first fundraising event, they will be having other fundraisers, doing a kickstarter and providing other opportunities to donate. Plus there will be a killer raffle for a Lambrecht reclaimed wood surfboard which they will start selling tickets to at their first fundraiser and give away at the second one in November. The more fundraisers and awareness they have of the project the more they can accomplish in terms of quality and the number of waves that can be build.
More About the Pemberton Valley Surf Project, British Colombia
Check out and support these awesome guys in Pembie: https://www.facebook.com/SurfPemberton