Published on July 22nd, 2013 | by RB TeamPhoto by tlacovasprava.sk | 1
Built for almost two years and finished in 2012 by Austrian and Slovakian engineers, this artificial wave in the Areál Divoká Voda sets new standards in river surfing.
- Čunovo Surfova Vlna, Bratislava, Slovakia
- Vodné dielo Čunovo, 85009 Čunovo
- Danube (Dunaj)
- Latitude: 48.028819
- Longitude: 17.231718
How to Get There
- Surfable almost daily, from around 10am to 8pm, can be turned on and off by water park staff
- Check their Facebook Fan Page or the White Water Calendar on the website for times.
- A very well constructed wave, glassy to the point of being almost invisible, adjustable in terms of flow speed and steepness.
- Very good for shortboards under 5’8″. Everything above that will almost guarantee you a pearl.
- Head injuries by hitting wooden construction parts, we recommend use of a helmet
- Water behind the wave is only about 30-50cm deep, riverbed is concrete, but very even and covered in algae, so expect to be washed along for a bit. Minor bumps and bruises may still occur. Wear an impact vest and/or shorts if you’re unsure.
- Use of surf shoes is highly recommended, it will protect your toes from injurys by wipe-out and when climbing back out, as some of the rocks along the banks are pointy.
- This wave is a real fin-eater, bring spares. Most locals saw off their fins to about 2-3″ length, or use small rubber fins.
- At the time of writing, entrance to the wave was 10€/day. Boards and safety gear (vests and helmets) can be rented on-site. Drinks are available at moderate price at the surf-hut, 30m from the wave.
No flow data available for Cunovo
- Know a reliable source for flow data? Write us!
Chance of Rain