Published on October 13th, 2012 | by RB TeamPhoto by jakobhuerner @ flickr | 0
The classic summer surf spot in Graz directly under the main bridge. Many tourists watching from above and a beach cafe on the river bank (with sand and music) make you feel like being on vacation.
Country: AustriaNearest town/city: GrazRiver: Mur
- Erzherzog-Johann-Brücke, 8010 Graz, Austria
- Spot is located under the bridge on the eastern river bank – just walk down the stairs.
- Surf Service Graz | Blue Tomato
- Latitude: 47.0707207
- Longitude: 15.4350109
- Good wave for beginners and intermediate surfers.
Entry without rope difficult, but not impossible.
- Surfable water levels 340-360cm.
- The rope. The rope. The rope.
The rocks in the middle of the river.
- Ask locals how to surf the wave and to learn about safety issues.
Best surfed with fat shortboards or Mini-Malibus up to 6’8.
If this is your first try on the Mur, enter the river well above the spot.
Graz Weather Forecast
Hauptbrücke Graz Videos
More on Hauptbrücke Graz
Hauptbrücke is a nice spot for summer sessions, but flat in winter. At high tide go to Radetzky wave, which is a much more powerful, faster and bigger wave — located just two bridges further downstream (5 minutes walk along the river bank).
Spot shared by: Thomas Muster
Spot details consolidated by: Max Muster
Thanks for your effort putting together this spot detail page!