Published on October 13th, 2012 | by RB TeamPhoto by @unknown | 0
The Radetzky Wave seated underneath the Radetzky bridge in Graz, Austria, is probably the best river surf spot on the river Mur. It is also the oldest spot in Austria — surfed by Austrian river surfing pioneers like Peter Bartl, Reini Urban and others since 1999.
- Radetzkybrücke, Graz, Austria
- Access via “Murpromenade”. Parking spots are located before and after the bridge on both banks.
Nearest Surf Shops
- Surf Service Graz
- Blue Tomato Graz
- Latitude: 47.0660744
- Longitude: 15.4350405
How to Get There
- Surfable water levels 445-540cm.
- Beginners should try the Hauptbrücke first.
- Rope entry difficult at low (fin damage) and high (body injury) water levels.
- Rocks close to the surface right behind the wave near the river banks.
- Ask locals for help (murbreak – a surfing federation in Graz).
- Bring tea and spirits.
Chance of Rain