Published on May 3rd, 2017 | by RB Team0
This spot is right next to Habitat 67 (on the right side of the main wave, therefore its name “Right Sides”). The wave is best surfable in spring; in summer, the wave is too shallow and you risk to break your board or hurt yourself. Also, be aware of a rock, which is just behind the wave on the surfer’s right. Update: The wave was destroyed in winter of 2014-2015. It is a big hole now and shouldn’t be surfed at all. Dangerous.
- 2600 Av Pierre-Dupuy, Montreal, QC H3C 3R6, Canada, North America
- Next to Habitat 67, Enter the trail from the park to the left of Habitat. Habitat 67 is at 2600 Avenue Pierre-Dupuy in Montreal. From Autoroute Bonaventure 10, take Avenue Pierre-Dupuy north. Park in the pull-off to the right, just past the street address. Walk behind tennis courts and down a dirt path; the wave itself is easy to spot, just down the embankment.
- St Lawrence river (Rivière du Nord)
Nearest Surf Shops
- Epic Boardshop
- Lost Enterprise (Lost Surfboards)
- Latitude: 45.50033131
- Longitude: -73.5420084
How to Get There
- Best in spring, when flows are higher (> 8,000)
- Great in spring, too weak in summer.
- Usually pretty hard to catch by swimming, but ok by rope.
- The wave was destroyed during winter 2014-2015. It is a big hole now and shouldn’t be surfed at all. Dangerous.
- There’s a rock just behind the wave.
- Do not surf in summer, as the water is usually pretty shallow.