Published on May 11th, 2013 | by RB TeamPhoto by YouTube | 2
The Turbo Wave is a river surfing spot also suitable for beginners in the Ticino River Canal near Turbigo, Milano.
- Alzata Naviglio, Turbigo, Italy, Europe
- On the A4 Milano – Torino leave highway at Novara Est exit and follow white arrows to Malpensa Airport. Pass Ticino bridge. After 2km turn right and enter Turbigo. Cross the bridge on the Naviglio Grande. At the twin crosslights in the main street turn right. Cross the railway and drive ahead until you come to a crossing where you have to turn. Turn left, then turn right 3 times at the next 3 stops. When you arrive at the Naviglio, park behind Ristorante S.Pietro before the bridge on your right.
- Ticino River Canal / Canal Naviglio Grande
- Latitude: 45.520602
- Longitude: 8.746232
How to Get There
- Best surfed during spring and summer. Drought for cleaning in March and September.
- Water is always quite warm thanks to the power station nearby.
- A broad but powerless wave.
- Water flow rates depend on weir setting.
- Probably one of the safest spots in Europe.
- Try to fall flat, water levels are rather low.
- You can exit the river on the left side stairway.
- Be discrete while changing and don’t park on the road along the canal or you’ll be fined.
- Locals are working with park authorities to get some facilities for paddlers in the Ticino Park.
No flow data available for Turbo Wave
- Know a reliable source for flow data? Write us!
Chance of Rain