Published on December 20th, 2017 | by RB Team0
California Curler is a river surf spot near the city of Alpine in Wyoming. California Curler,
Lunch Counter and Big Kahuna are a bunch of river surf spots on the snake river in Wyoming, near the border to Idaho.
- Snake River, Alpine, Wyoming, United States
- The spot is located at the bend shortly after Little Red Creek and Red Creek flow into the snake river.
- Snake River
- Alpine WY
Nearest Surf Shops
- Latitude: 43.19515534
- Longitude: -110.92476974
How to Get There
- This wave is best surfed at around 5000 cfs.
- This wave can be surfed from 4,000 to 15,000 cfs.
- A waist high slightly tubing hard left. At higher water this feature washes out a little. But at medium to lower flows this lateral wave off of the left bank creates a nice wave that looks much like an ocean wave curling at the top.
- Try not to stay in the way of rafters or kayakers.
- A rope could be helpful sometimes.
Alpine WY Weather